1. Z tyłu budynku znajdował się wielki plac na którym odbywały się przeglądy pruskiego wojska. Fot. ze zbiorów BU
1. Z tyłu budynku znajdował się wielki plac na którym odbywały się przeglądy pruskiego wojska. Fot. ze zbiorów BU
1. Z tyłu budynku znajdował się wielki plac na którym odbywały się przeglądy pruskiego wojska. Fot. ze zbiorów BU
« 1 of 2 »

With the onset of the Partitions, the Prussians established a strong military presence in Poznań. The city was assigned a vital role in the Prussian defensive system which was to repulse an armed enemy attack from the east. To that end, Poznań accommodated an army of several thousand (the V Army Corps), whose command headquarters were placed in a central location in the city. Erected in 1889, the Command Centre building completed what was then Wilhelm Street, becoming the most grandiose edifice in the city’s northern district, which contained military barracks and storage facilities.

Brama Poznania z lotu ptaka
×