The Górkas were Wielkopolska magnates who lived in the late 15th and early 16th centuries. These patrons of the arts sought to support the leading artists of the time in keeping with the great ambitions of their family line. Many exceptional works of art found in the Cathedral were funded by members of this family. In the 15th century, Uriel Górka commissioned the workshop of the famous Vischer family of Nuremberg to make tombstones for himself and his father. To this day, the tombstones are the most valuable historic works of gothic art on display in Poland. The family tombstone of Andrzej and Barbara was made in 1574 in Kraków by the royal sculptor Hieronim Canavesi. The figures of Andrzej and Barbara Górka are positioned in the Sansovin pose, with an arm bent at the elbow and a leg bent at the knee.