2. W przyziemiu budynku mieściła się m.in. wytworna restauracja. Fot. Jarosław Tritt.
2. W przyziemiu budynku mieściła się m.in. wytworna restauracja. Fot. Jarosław Tritt.
2. W przyziemiu budynku mieściła się m.in. wytworna restauracja. Fot. Jarosław Tritt.
« 2 of 2 »

Today’s Mielżyńskiego Street was once home to the headquarters of the Poznań Building Society, an organisation associating local German masons and carpenters. In the late 19th century, high demand for construction services and an increase in the Society’s membership created an urgent need to erect a new seat. The resulting townhouse, built in 1913 in the German architectural style, drew people’s attention with its ornamental façade. Its construction was commissioned almost exclusively to local companies in Poznań, both German and Polish. The building housed a high-class restaurant, meeting rooms, and offices, as well as a so-called “Knight’s Room” with an interior modelled on that of a German castle.

Brama Poznania z lotu ptaka
×