The Reformers were brought to Śródka in 1657. They led austere lives, engaging in frequent prayer and self-mortification. They lived off of alms and could own no possessions. In the 17th century, the brethren erected a monastery and a church. The order remained active at the site for another 150 years. After the order was dissolved, the monastery served as a Napoleonic hospital, then as a teachers college, and finally as the Royal School for the Deaf and Mute.