1. Lewe skrzydło domu kongregacji filipinów wzniesiono w 1780 r. Fot. ze zbiorów MKZ.
1. Lewe skrzydło domu kongregacji filipinów wzniesiono w 1780 r. Fot. ze zbiorów MKZ.
1. Lewe skrzydło domu kongregacji filipinów wzniesiono w 1780 r. Fot. ze zbiorów MKZ.
« 1 of 5 »

The turn of the 20th century in Śródka was a time of philanthropy. It was then that a number of social organizations were established to care for the poor, the elderly, the sick and orphans. In 1848, the former Philippine building was used to set up as a home for children orphaned during a cholera epidemic that had ravaged the city. Two separate homes were set up, one for male and one for female senior citizens. The Philippines first arrived in Śródka in 1665. A chapel and an altar honouring their patron, St. Philip Neri, were built in St. Margaret Church. The Philippine Congregation House dates to ca. 1780. Its right wing was added in 1900 to house an orphanage.

Brama Poznania z lotu ptaka
×