The most pleasurable way to explore the Royal-Imperial Route is to do it on foot along its main axis. This is an excellent suggestion for anyone who would like to tour the city’s historic areas and enjoy some respite surrounded by nature and stunning architecture. The Route spans the three areas of Cathedral Island, the Old Town and the Śródmieście District (the city centre). Marked in each of them is a main route situated along the Route’s axis. The main routes have been conceived for people whose time is limited, but who nevertheless wish to see Poznań’s main attractions.
- begins at Porta Posnania and ends in the Castle District
- has been marked with distinctive maroon-coloured signs
- is approximately 3 kilometres long
- will take you to the most amazing parts of Cathedral Island, the Old Town and the Śródmieście District
- have been designed to ensure a comfortable tour of the historic parts of the town
- offer a wealth of information on the city’s key cultural institutions